Wednesday 16 November 2011

Fairyopolis/Heartfelt Creations posy card


Hello Blogging peeps, another card offering from me with a combination of the fairies I like from the fairyopolis kit and the Heartfelt creations posy stamp and diecut. (Apologies for the not so good photo)

Well I had this idea, that as there are a number of fairies sitting or perching in the kit I could make little scenes with them using other things and this is the result. The idea I had in mind was that he was a fairy climbing over the magical garden wall, at night, to sneak into the real world.

I used an 8x8 blank and matted a silver mirri with a backing paper from a charmed whispers digi kit which has lots of lovely fairy/magical type scenes on them. I used grey coredinations and embossed it with a brick pattern and cut to size with one being higher than the other and sanded them back. I added some marianne creatable sprigs and placed one on the front of the wall and one coming through from the garden. I also added some leaves from the iris heartfelt creations stamps well behind the wall (you can barely see them but the fairy is holding one to steady himself. I used the smallest heartfelt creations posy stamp and stamped with the glue pad and dusted with pink and purple mica. I then cut these out using the die and shaped them before layering them and adding the tiniest gems I have (which came with a glitter girls stamp kit ages ago)

I arranged the flowers on the card and glued them with collall. I took my boy fairy and (gulp, squeaky voice..) cut his wings off! (I know not so nice) and then decoupaged him up. I took a memory box corner die and cut two new (better, definately better) wings from some dotty parchment paper I had. They faded into the background when I layered them to see what it looked like so I coloured the back of them green with the spectrum noir pens and they looked better. I arranged the fairy on the card with his brand spanking new wings and added another flower in his hand. To finish I stamped a sentiment and diecut into a circle then layered onto a scalloped circle and added another flower. The final finishing touch was to go round each sparkly star in the sky with a sakura glitter pen to give the sky a little sparkle.

All in all I really, really like this card. The flowers are really small and cute and he looks great with his new wings, really want to try a xmassy fairy with the snowflake one I have and build a similar type of scene, only snowier of course.

Anyway its pretty late, and I have been working on another card with the posy stamp and dies which if it looks as good on a card as it does off it, I will be keeping it on display a while (its lovely) so anyway until tomorrow...

Take care


Cj x

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely!Great idea!
    I find it difficult getting photos at this time of year too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovey - and what a good idea! The fairy looks as though he has recovered well from his wing transplant!

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I nearly didn't comment when you said you'd cut off his wings! Poor little man...very relieved that he can still fly!

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is lovely. nice to see something really different. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! If you go to my blog you will see that I have cut off Rosie's Posy *gulp* so I forgive you for removing his wings. Mx

    ReplyDelete