Monday 18 March 2013

Hunkydory topper sympathy card


Hello crafting peeps

Today a super quick 8 x 8 with a Hunkydory topper from a recent kit.  

To make this card I cut a layer of black card to fit the base card blank and then cut a smaller silver mirri layer to sit upon it used a corner rounder punch on both and glued these two layers together.  I cut a piece of white pearl card to size and ran the top half through my calibur with the tied together embossing folder.

I then cut  a piece of silver mirri and used the grateful lattice die on it ( I did need to extend it a little as I wanted the rounded part of the lattice upwards) and glued it to the bottom of the pearl card.   I cut a small border of pearl card which you probably cannot see too well as I placed the ribbon on top of it.  This ribbon is quite see through and I didn't like the pointy ends of the lattice showing through.

I rounded the ends of the pearl card and then glued it to the black and silver base layers I had prepared before.  Using glue gel I arranged my topper in position and then made a small bow from the same ribbon.  I bought these little pearly gem things from Wild Orchid and love hiding the knots on bows with them you can also colour them with your alcohol markers which is great.  To finish I glued to the base card blank before dotting the creative expressions glue in the centre of the embossed knots and added some small pearls to tie it all together.

I do like this card but think the smaller lattice die from spellbinders would have a better result so will have to try it at some point.

Anyway all for now


Take care


Cj x


No comments:

Post a Comment