Monday 11 March 2013

Joanna Sheen Dog Stamp Birthday card

Hello bloggin peeps

Just a quick 8 x 8 from me today.  I found some old stamps in a drawer from way back when I started crafting of some dogs from Joanna Sheen and stamped a few out in memento Expresso truffle onto some centura pearl card.  This gorgeous little one is the one I decided to use as it looks exactly like my Pippin (He's a jack russel/scottie) sat amongst the bubble envelopes that he loves to pop the bubble wrap in... bless him.

I cut the image out from a labels 22 and then blended antique linen distress ink around whilst it was still in the die. I also cut a gold mirri die from decorative labels 8, a brown labels 20 and a from a piece of coredinations card with the heartfelt layered elegant swirl on two sides with a small piece attached and uncut inbetween.  I also cut a gold mirri tag from the ribbon tag trio spellbinder set.

I cut a large piece of gold mirri to fit my card leaving a small border and then rounded the corners.  I then cut a smaller piece of centura pearl which I embossed using the new grand mbossibilities folder graduated dots.  I then coloured it to match using the antique linen again and after leaving it to dry for a minute or two rounded the corners to match the gold.  I accidently picked up the wrong rounder which cut some way into the card but It looked quite nice when I put it against the gold so I attached the brown ribbon at the bottom of my card and threaded a small dog charm which I coloured brown with a spectrum pen and also the tag I had cut before securing it at the back.

I then layered my swirls, then the label 20, decorative label 8 and then my topper before adding to the card putting some height in using collall glue gel.  I then centrally glued it onto the base, added the base to the mirri and the whole thing to the card blank.  For the greeting I stamped a whimsy sentiment and die cut it and added it to the tag on the ribbon.  I did add some card candi to create interest in the corners too.

Anyway that's all for now...

Take care

Cj x

No comments:

Post a Comment