Wednesday 14 September 2011

Forever friends cards



ok blogging peeps so I challenged myself today to use only bits from my 'bit box' when I say bit box what I really mean is small pile of offcut card and when I say challenged myself what I really mean is couldn't be bothered to tidy and sort it lol so what better way to reduce the tidying than to use as much as possible.

I am pleased to say I created two passable cards.

Card 1

I used a 5" card blank I matted and layered gold mirri and then some leftover red card with a gold holly pattern. I used a cricut cartridge Elegant Edges to cut a white mat and the next size blue mat from coredinations glitter card. I used a pre-used pad with blue distress ink (I didn't refresh the ink at all) and went round the edges of the white card. I found a sheet of die cut forever friends which had two images on and used one for this card and decoupaged it up.

I used a holly punch to punch out 8 light green holly leaves and 4 darker green holly leaves from leftover coredinations cardstock and shaped them. I also used sakura glitter pens in two different greens and coated the leaves. Using Collall decoupage glue I stuck the leaves into the glue and added some red gems for berries on each of the corners before adding the sentiment which came with the die cut decoupage.

All in all a cute and pretty little card from bits of nothing.

Card 2

I used same 5" card blank and matted and layered with gold mirri and red coredination card. As this die cut image had a rectangular base I matted and layered again onto gold and then onto a fresh green colour and then glued it to the card and built up the decoupage. I added a small sentiment from an old Kanban kit and some metal star brads which were glued to the card.

This is a fairly plain little card, the decoupage is cute but this may end up in the nephews box for school friends.

As these two cards have turned out ok I will try this again soon, after all it beats tidying up lol. Willow Sketchie challenge starts tomorrow yay!

Until next time


Take care

Cj x

1 comment:

  1. That is cute, thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for visiting the pixie blog and for the shout out for Pixie, good luck!

    ReplyDelete