Saturday 2 November 2013

Hunkydory fall for autumn squirrel card

Hello crafting peeps

I chose this topper set for this blog post as I have not long got in from walking the dogs.  Pippin (my scottie cross) really hates fireworks so am really trying to tire him out  today.  Last night there must have been a display somewhere near and it sounded like world war three had broken out just a mish mash of bangs and he was shaking like a leaf bless him.  Anyway today while we were out he got super excited and went into stalk mode when we passed some trees.  The trees were creaking and cracking and he dragged me along as he obviously had his eye on something I couldn't see.  Eventually a tiny grey squirrel ran along a branch and started nibbling the seeds on the tree.  I know they are not native but they are still pretty cute.

So this card was made with an 8 x 8 scalloped edge card blank.  I cut a gold mirror base and then I cut a mat slightly smaller out of a cream Hunkydory forest walk card (very lovely wood effect embossed into it... just yummy) and glued them together using collall gel.

I cut the edge off the topper sheet and matted it onto a piece of brown card embossed with dots from the Hunkydory forest walk collection and then matted again onto gold mirror card before cutting to size and gluing it slightly raised on the edge of the base.  I matted and layered the topper in the same way onto the brown card then onto mirror card and glued slightly off centre and raised onto the top of my base.  I glued one of the sentiments from the topper sheet raised to add dimension.

To finish I glued to the base white card and added an insert.  I left it without any gems or dots as to be honest it didn't really need them the gold mirror card just lifts it enough to make it look special.

Anyway all for now

Take care

Cj x

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, I do love the squirrels and the design.

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah this is delightful hun, I do love that Hunkydory kit, and all the warm colours xxx

    ReplyDelete