Thursday 17 May 2012

16th Birthday Card using CUP image


Hello again blogging peeps

Another little quickie card from me today in celebration of my nephew turning the big 16!!! who would have thought it, that tiny little boy with the pearl earrings is now 16 and on the verge of getting into the army!  Time certainly does fly!

Anyway my usual 8 x 8 with a gold mirri base and a cream pearl layer on top.  A green piece of ribbon was glued along the bottom and then the two layers were stuck to the card base.  I took a piece of coredinations card stock, embossed it through a brick wall effect folder and sanded back, I then mounted onto some mirri and added some gems which I coloured to black with the noir pens.  I had hoped they would look like bullet holes - not that I want my nephew to be shot at.... you understand.... just the cool effect (still think they look gemmy and not bullet holey if you know what I mean).

I downloaded a sheet from crafts U print by Lee Jacobs http://www.craftsuprint.com/card-making/step-by-steps/male-various/army-doodles.cfm and printed it out.  I cut out all the little doodle man decoupage and the backing piece of camouflage.  I mounted the camouflage on gold mirri and glued it into place on top of the brick wall.  I then glued the doodle army man on top.  I didn't like the little screw decorations that came on the sheet so I covered them with some of my favourite card candi and added some to the other corners too.

I took the whole sheet I had downloaded into the my craft artist program and isolated the piece of the backing paper, I cut the screw decorations off and lightened it and then added my greeting personalising it as I call him the army boy!

I liked this card very much and so did my nephew.  I find male cards a little harder as I feel you cannot decorate with flowers the same way I can with a female one.  This one needed something else in the background and I still love this little doodleman and would like to make another card with him at some point.

Anyway all for now


Take care

Cj x

9 comments:

  1. Good Morning CJ

    This is a fabulous card. I am loving your layout and the backing papers are fab!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card,love it, they grow up so quick these days Best wishes for his new career. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fab, love the image and the colours
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card great image too! Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like the ideal card for your nephew, great card

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the image and great colors xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your nephew..... i bet he'll love this superb card x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fab card and perfect for your nephew, and is a super image.

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete