Monday 7 May 2012

Humphrey 1st Birthday Card


Hello Bloggin Peeps

Another very quick post from me with a Humphrey decoupaged birthday card.

An 8 x 8 blank which I chose to leave quite a wide border of the white showing which is quite rare for me.  I cut a large square from coredinations cardstock and then embossed with an Mbossibility folder and sanded back.  I cut a gold mirri mat to layer behind it.  I stamped the 1 using a docrafts number stamp onto glitter card and cut it out, glued it to the card and then decoupaged Humphrey with his little crayon.  I added the ribbon tied with 1 knot and glued to the back of the card.  I then added 2 red card candi in the corners.

I cut a larger square of a papermania backing paper with a mirri mat and glued them together and then onto the card blank.  I then glued the large topper I had just made and added 3 card candi to the bottom layer corners.

In real life it looked lovely but on the photo it looks like a sentiment is missing.  In real life..when you look at it the happy birthday's all over the background paper are very noticeable and so it didn't look like it needed one.  In this photo, I think, it looks like something is missing but as it was for a little lad I would have struggled to find something boyish.

Anyway all for now


Take care


Cj x

1 comment:

  1. Aw CJ this is gorgeous, loving the embossed backing and the papers.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete