Friday 27 April 2012

craftsuprint image 40th birthday card

Ok hi again bloggin Peeps

Another of these comissioned cards, another 8 x 8 this one was a little different for me as I designed one of the background layers myself.

I used a large holographic blue background as a base layer and cut a white pearl card layer to go on top.  I used distress inks to colour it light blue and left it to dry.  I then took two football stamps one from a Kanban kit and a smaller one from a Docrafts kit and stamped randomly with the glue pad adding mica powder to bring out the design.  I then stamped with the glue again the larger football several times and mica powdered again before using the round spellbinder to cut them out.

I cut some more of the holographic blue using a romantic rectangle die and then using labels 25 positioned it over the base piece of the decoupage I found on craftsuprint by Gordon Fraser...  he has quite a few lovely designs on there and I have to say I did buy a few so you will see some more at some point although this one I had to use my craft artist to get him running the other way he originally was running to the right.

I then stuck the piece I had cut to the romantic rectangle.  You will see that part of the foot and arm were cut out from the base as I wanted it to look like he was running off the topper I cut out the decoupage and layered him up.  With the spellbinder borderabilities I cut some more holographic blue to mount my little die cut footballs and glued them on.  I then took some peel offs to the footballs and stuck them down to the card.  I then glued the topper into place too adding a little football  in front of his foot and glued the whole thing to an 8 x 8 card.

This card for me is a bit of an achievement in that this is only the 2nd time I have made a backing piece from scratch.. this is more to do with time than ability I think but I was really pleased with the result.

Anyway all for now


Take Care


Cj x

No comments:

Post a Comment