Tuesday 10 April 2012

Forever friends birthday card

Hello again blogging peeps am trying out this scheduled blogging so if this is up and out there on the 10th April .... Hurrah!   if not arrrrgh. lol

This was one of a set of commissioned cards for a friend who had a family member who was turning 40 and had liked the christmas card I sent her.  She and her sister asked for some cards so I made a few for her to choose from.

This is the first I am blogging today and is an 8 x 8 square... again!

I cut a large piece of gold mirri card as my first mat then cut a piece of whitewash coredinations with a green core and embossed with a spellbinders mbossibilities folder and sanded it back before gluing to my gold layer.  I die cut a piece of green pearlised card using a grand spellbinder die (creative book pages) and then cut another gold mirri layer to go underneath and glued them onto the main piece.  I ran the green ribbon along the edge and decided and second looked better and glued them to the back of these layers before gluing the whole lot to the base card.

I used a forever friend decoupage with a green celebration bottle (which inspired the green tones) and layered him up, shaping him, and gluing with collall gel to give dimension before gluing him into place on the card.

I printed the sentiment out on the computer and die cut using a spellbinder label die and then cut the next size up in the dies out of white pearlescent card.  While the pearlescent was still in the die I used some green toned distress ink to colour the centre which left the beautiful white border making it look like 3 layers when it was all glued together.

I added a few pieces of card candi to decorate the edges and bring it all together.

All for now

Until next time

Take care

Cj x

No comments:

Post a Comment