Saturday 21 April 2012

Kanban topper 40th Birthday card


Hello blogging peeps another of those comissioned 40th birthday cards I told you about in my last post.

This one is yet another 8 x 8 with a gold mirri base layer and a silk coredinations layer on top.  The coredination was embossed with a Mbossabilities folder and lightly sanded.  Before I glued the top layer down I added a ribbon about 1 1/2" from the bottom.

I used a glue pad and stamped 3 footballs and used gold perfect pearl mica powder dusted over them to bring up the image.  I then used a small round spellbinder die to cut them out and mounted them onto the ribbon.  I added the topper from an old Kanban kit which had been the inspiration for the colours used in the card.

I then used another shapeabilities spellbinder die and cut it twice from cream card.  I inked the edges whilst it was still in the die and layered them on top of each other before adding and 40 cut using the cricut expression.

This is a lovely card with just enough shimmer to look expensive but still look very manly.

Anyway all for now


Take care

Cj x

No comments:

Post a Comment