Monday 17 October 2011

Joanna Sheen Furry Friends Card


Hello again, only me, back with the second card of today.... as I thought this one did not take too long... although I have had to do other things in between. This one was for this weeks willow sketchie challenge and I also tried to make it a little bit masculine as well hence the blue and brown.

So as you can see back to my comfort zone of a nice plain 8 x 8 square. I used a gold mirri base mat and layered some of the backing paper from the furry friends cd onto it. I printed out a topper and matted it onto gold mirri as the main image. I used brown coredinations embossed in a cuttlebug folder and sanded it then matted onto blue glitter card as the secondary topper. The blue border was punched with a fancy punch and a ribbon stretched across and glued from behind. I found this cute cat charm and threaded it onto the ribbon before I stuck it down. The charm is not stuck down and is free to move along the length of the ribbon.

I layered the elements as per this weeks sketch and added the small blue thanks sentiment to finish... although this card needs an insert at some point.

This was a fairly quick card in essence and because it is not as blingy as the usual ones I think this one does feel quite masculine... love this little charm but have no idea where it came from lol.

Anyway am off to play a little more, feeling a little halloween-ish so expect a scary post at some point this week mwahahahahaha cough cough lol

Till next time, take care


Cj x

7 comments:

  1. I love it! I am a Joanna Sheen fan, although I don't have this cd. But love the way you have incorporated the Coredinations into this.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute.Love the colour combo and sanded piece.Sweet charm too.Thanks for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card Cj, the image is so cute and your colour scheme is lovely. Thank you for sharing with us at Willow Sketchie this week (if you want to be included in the draw for the prize you will need to link back to the challenge) if you are not sure how to do this let me know and I will give you a hand.
    Pauline
    Willow Sketchie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so cute, I love that little charm too :0)

    Thanks for playing along with us at Willow Sketchie.

    Love Clairebears x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Real cute, love the image & the charm looks great!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Willow Sketchie this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card! Thank you for joining in with Willow Sketchie Challenge, good luck and hope to see you back next week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah this is so sweet, what a cute card, thanks for playing on Willow Sketchie this week Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete