Thursday 13 October 2011

Scottie stamp box

Hullo (waves hand) blogging peeps, something a little different today and 3 piccies so you can see all of it.


So I was flicking through the crafting mags at the papershop and suddenly came across the quick cards magazine and the free scottie stamps by Adam Prescott well there was a deep intake of breath and then an awwww Pippin stamp hurrah sound came from my mouth (rather louder than I expected) and everyone in the aisle turned round to stare. Well I picked up the magazine rather quickly and made my exit sharpish looking like a right wally I can tell you. What can I say my fur baby is a scottie cross and has the look of a scottie with the power of a jack russell (not the best combination I have to admit when he drags me round the park) but I had to get them and couldn't wait to get going with them.



Colouring them in was a bit of a worry because black is black and no matter what I did it just looked like a black blob, so I switched to the grey shades in the spectrum noirs and was a lot happier with the results. As you can see not an 8 x 8 card today but a rather cute gift box which will be filled with something doggy nearer xmas and put under the tree.... now I just have to find a nice tatty westie cross stamp for the other dog so she doesn't feel left out!



Anyway quick details are that I used the hougie board to make the gift box. I matted and layered gold mirri then the xmas embossed coredinations on the base and then gold mirri and a paper that came from the humphrey xmas cd on the top.

I used some two pieces of 7 cm wide red coredinations and scored every cm mark on the hougie
board once that was done I used a martha stewart holly punch on the edge, I folded the mountain and valley folds and glued the two pieces together to make a circle. I then used a hot glue gun, pushed the folds into a rosette shape and glued them to a circle of card along with some holly sprigs from a memory box die. I used spellbinders to cut my topper and used the next size to cut some more coredinations and then embossed it before mounting onto the rosette.

Found a ribbon I liked from stash and arranged it around the box and then glued the rosette in place.


Love this little box, can't wait to put it under the tree really must have to get up super early more often and have a good play.

Until next time...take care



Cjx

3 comments:

  1. That's so cute! I really like the rosette.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Know what you mean about black! Looks awesome in grey though! Love your box & the rosette!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rosette and a beautiful stamp :)

    ReplyDelete