Ok blogging peeps am back again with another hand made card this post again has 3 piccies just so you get to see all of it as best as I can show with my dodgy camera which (touch wood) is hanging on in there.... thank god.
Ok so you can see this is a 8 x 8 side easel the first one I have ever made but will probably not be the last, I quite like having almost double the space to decorate as I liked this one with the stopper quite far back... it looked better than when it was more to the front... if you know what I mean. The flowers on this card were made using the heartfelt creations daisy stamp and punches which I bought from crafters companion after being inspired by the lovely Leann Chivers' lillies on her blog (http://leannchiverscraft.wordpress.com if you would like to take a look)
Initially I had a few problems, I was stamping with some distress inks and although the flowers were still very lovely I prefer something a bit more blingy. So all week I had been trying different things with these dies and stamps and making some lovely things, but then Friday at work it was a little quiet patch and I started thinking about Barbara Gray's demo's a few weeks back when she was using versamark and mica powder.... Hmmm I thought since I had bought a few pots to have a play I thought I would give it a go when I got home. The attempts I did with the versmark stamped and stuck lovely but when it came to shaping the flowers it smudged and streaked .... I was not happy because they looked awesome but then I remembered an old glue ink pad I bought a few years ago when I was trying to copy the glitter girls stamping and then glittering it. OMG it worked... how happy was I they looked great and I could manipulate them gently so I made quite a few and you may see these for a bit lol. These come as a set of five (stamps or dies) and I like to put two sizes with three of the one I use for the base and two of the smaller size on top and then a gem as you can see. Anyway anyone wanting to try these dies, it's something you need to concentrate on to get right but its not hard and they look amazing in real life.
Anyway a quick rundown of how it was made as I have gone on about the flowers too long. An 8 x 8 card with one half scored diagonally corner to corner and folded. A blank 8 x 8 square was added with glue only on the bottom part of the card. I matted and layered pink holographic then green coredinations and then some dotty embossed pink card. I used the popcorn the bear cd to print the topper and the bit of decoupage I used. I die cut some butterflies from the marianne dies and some sprigs in a green holographic. I added two circular green gems to the corner.
The base was decorated with the same pink holographic and then some green check card. I used the largest flower as a stopper and added a pink butterfly to coordinate with the green. I used craft artist to make the sentiment and matted onto green holo card and then pink and added two more flower gems.
This card took a long time to come together but I am super happy with it at the end and will be entering this into the crafters companion pink and green challenge (no 17 I think)
Might be back later with another offering hopefully it will not take me as long as this one lol
Until next time...Take care