Tuesday 4 October 2011

Tatty teddy baby card


Ok blogging peeps its been another week, definately need to get back to making and posting here more regularly and have lots of new things to try too. I was asked to make a baby card for someone and was struggling to get it finished... this was mainly due to the printer dying on me and luckily I've been able to borrow one and don't have to find the money to buy one for now. On top of that the blooming camera I use to put piccies on the blog is threatening to die too, I am hoping its just the cable and have ordered a new one or else I will have to get a new camera this month. Anyway enough of my problems on with the card.

I decided to make an easel card as I wanted to put the baby boys' name on. I used the whitewash coredinations (which I am trying to get more of as I love it) and the cuttlebug embossing system to emboss logan into it. I used some docraft backing paper on the bottom and top and matted and layered onto silver mirri card.

With some blue coredinations I used the new edgeabilities dies to cut and emboss a lovely border and then matched the edge border on a silver mirri to matt and layer the coredinations onto. I then matted another piece of baby boy paper on top of silver again and on top of this added the topper which was a spellbinders shape with a tatty teddy image on from the docraft designer disk.

To finish I added a tissue paper flower I made and a lovely die cut sprig of blue holographic card to the front and another sprig to the base layer. I will add a small congratulations before its posted but haven't decided where that is going yet.

Anyway I have been experimenting with spellbinders and flowers and hope to bring more of these on cards soon...

Until then


Take care

Cjx

4 comments:

  1. Cj this is a gorgeous card! I love the whitewash coredinations card too - all coredination card actually. My printer is poorly-sick at the moment too - and I feel like my arm has been cut off! Do you actually use the Digital Designer programme to design cards? I find it a bit basic and cumbersome, but maybe that's only me!

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, did you colour the mirri card, or is it just the way the blue is reflected onto it?

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catherine, I don't use the digital designer programme very often either, I prefer serif craft artist if I am honest but do like the way I can throw a lot of things on one page quickly and print off what I need and of I think you get quite a lot of digital images/papers for your money with the digital designer cd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie, it was a blue holographic mirri card I used to die cut the sprigs came from a pack from C&C ages ago x

    ReplyDelete