Monday 10 October 2011

Nitwit bear Card


Ok so the second post, hurrah the camera behaved itself, and so here it is, I had to finish this a little today which is why there was a gap between postings. The border for this was inspired by the C&C spellbinder edgeabilities dies demo.... I think with Jo Channon who may also have mentioned flowers with tissue paper around the same time.

Another 8 x 8 square with a printed paper from the nitwit grin and bear it downloadable kit, matted onto gold and then onto a chocolate (mmmmm chocolate) coredination which was matted onto gold mirri on the base of the card. I then used the same chocolate (mmm chocolate) coredinations and edged it with two of the spellbinders edgeabilities dies and then took an offcut of maroon/pink coredination card and used the same edgeability die to cut both edges. Using one of the ribbons that came free (yes I said free, don't hear that much these days do you?) with an order from craftobsessions courtesy of David and Brenda (thanks guys) I Kriss-krossed them over the maroon/pink piece I had just cut and layered onto one side.

Using my serif craft artist I took the topper onto a page and placed it on the brown gingham background and added a little shadow. I then copied the size of the bear and pasted it onto the page so I could decoupage him a little and added a few leaves (also in the kit) and printed the lot out on one page and then decoupaged my little bear. I used a spellbinder to cut the topper shape and matted onto gold again.

Using two small circle dies, one was a spellbinder and one was nellie snellie lily die from Joanna Sheen I cut some of both sizes from a small wad of cerise tissue paper. I then punched a hole in the middle of each and secured with a brad. I then roughly bunched each layer one by one to the middle and once all layers were scrunched released and puffed them a bit to form the flower which was glued onto the card with some of the leaves I had printed out earlier. To finish I added a small sentiment on the wonk and a little glitter to the rose and wrapping paper on the bears present.

A nice little card although I think if the maroon/pink part had been a little pinker it would have lifted the colours better, but all in all am very happy with this one. I have this super obsession with making flowers at the moment... love the tissue paper flowers they look so pretty I have a whole cricut cartridge with flower shapes on I really need to have a play with them and see how they can be used together.

I also made a pretty bead fairy today from a kit by darice, I glued the wings on a bit of a wonk but really enjoyed making it. Might have to see if I can get similar beads and make some more.

Anyway until next time take care (and pray my camera holds out until payday lol)


Cj x

1 comment: