Wednesday 10 August 2011

Enchanted Dreams Cd Birthday Card


Ok so I have been trying to sort out my storage issue, a huge pile of allsorts means I know what I need but can never find it and then end up getting very frustrated and settling for something else which is not what I want. Am getting there slowly but hopefully over the next month things will be sorted into some kind of system which means I can locate what I need quickly.

Enough of my crafty problems though... the birthday card today is for a friend of my sister, I have never met her and have no idea what she is into so I generally try to make two different types of card so my sister can choose which she likes most and goes away happy lol.

This image is on the Joanna Sheen enchanted dream cd, I may have mentioned how much I love JS cd's earlier in the blog. Too many wonderful images to choose from but settled on this one and took it to my craft artist program using the snapshot tool so this is a big A4 card with 2 layers so it looks like she is actually coming out of the fantasy world. Love these images as they are pictures within pictures and every time you look you see something else.

Used a sakura glitter gel pen to accentuate folds in the dress and the lights which may not show up in the picture above but when the light hits them they are quite lovely and bring out the magic in this picture. A little gold mirri to matt and layer with some glitter paper where the glitter is encapsulated (think this may have come from the glitter girls) and the background paper came from another JS cd the precious petals one. A white ribbon coloured with Spectrum pens and a greeting with a few odd flowers means this card just needs a nice insert and its finished.

All in all a pretty card and am quite happy with it... just have to think of something completely different for her to choose between now :)

Anyway for now take care

Cjx

No comments:

Post a Comment