Monday 29 August 2011

Lady Victoria Kennyk steampunk? card


Ok blogpeeps I have to admit I really am not all that sure what steampunk is lol, seems to be quite industrial and distressed in style from cards and projects I have seen so in essence this is my take on it, I could be quite off the base with it but at the end of the day most of the people who make cards have to like them themselves and this one is ok by me.

The image is Lady Victoria from KennyK downloads and this photo is not the best to show how she was coloured in by the spectrum pens. She is also has a second layer to add a little distance between her and her cloak. She also has a little glitter on her goggles and staff.

The background is made up of gold card, coredinations dark blue card and a random pink patterned paper from stash. I had a cog mask which I think you can use with sprays and things too but I put it through the big shot with pearlised card from crafters companion and then using the mask coloured the outside of the mask with stormy sky distress ink. I had some Tim Holtz cog sizzix dies which I used to cut the coredination glitter silk card and applied the cogs with collall glue gel to raise them and trimmed them to the edge of the mat when they were dryish.

Lady V was then arranged on the front with a ribbon, bow and greeting from stash.

Not sure if this is a card that I would buy in a shop although I do like it a lot, but in terms of the amount of different techniques and the theme it has been a very interesting and enjoyable project. Has been a lovely day off from work and as the weather is not great... totally guilt free about sitting and doing what I love to do.... Craft! yay!

Till next time

Take care


Cj x

No comments:

Post a Comment