Sunday 28 August 2011

Xmas but not xmassy Humphrey Decoupage Card


Hello again blogland

This time another image from the Humphrey Xmas Decoupage, which I thought did not have to be xmassy at all, a lovely image for a mum or grandma I think so I decided to go along those lines with it.

I picked up the orange and blue from the image and mat and layered in gold and blue to begin. I then used a spellbinders flourish to make the corners and looked about for random flowers, as I could only find two I liked but only had two of each I had to offset them on opposite corners. I found the small orange ones with rounded corners in a pack I have had a while but the daisy ones had to be coloured with the spectrum pens. Gems and card candi to decorate the centres and the addition of a simple love sentiment framed this Humphrey decoupage nicely. Cardstock used was a DCWV glitter card (pale blue) and my favourite card at the moment coredinations.

Wasn't quite sure about the blue and orange to begin with but as it stands on my shelf at the moment it looks quite pretty and it's growing on me!

Day off tomorrow so a play with some stamping or I have some digi images begging to be played with too with some steampunk bits n pieces ...... too many decisions lol

So you will have to wait until tomorrow to see what's in this space.... dum dum dum (dramatic music!)

Until then

Take Care

Cj x

3 comments:

  1. That image works really well as a non-Christmas card and I do believe that orange is the in-colour for Christmas this year!! I do that with my cards too - stand them on the mantelpiece and keep looking at them until they grow on me - or until I decide what is missing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, lovley card and i agree the image doesn't have to be for christmas, loving the orange and blue. i've become a follower looking forward to more cards.

    louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card really works as non christmas card x

    ReplyDelete