Wednesday 24 August 2011

VivkiLeeVicious KennyK Image card



Hello all, a different card shape for me today - inspired by Leann Chivers from Crafter's companion (demonstrating Humphrey cards on C&C a few days ago) the measurements are different but the concept came from Leann's demo. I may have mentioned in my previous blog that after I coloured Bodacious Bev I liked Kenny K designs and have bought a few.... this is one of them VickiLee Vicious. I have coloured her in using the spectrum noirs and am super happy with her. I glossed her guitar using the sakura glaze pen and added a couple of tiny green diamantes instead of colouring the buttons. Fancied making a green card so coloured her with lots of the lovely green shades in the pens. Found a brick wall embossing folder from the box (not sure where its from) and embossed some coredinations card and sanded too.

The pink/purple torn paper came from one of the digikits with my serif craft artist and I tore it to shape and inked the edges with distress ink (dusty concord) The green base paper came from the same digikit. The Rosettes were made from a Tim Holtz/sizzix die and a green gem added to each. (apologies for one being a little off centre, it slipped and I hadn't noticed until the glue dried.... doh)

The gold glitter lettering came from hobbycraft ..diva shimmer alpha stickers and stick really well.

The colouring on VickiLee is probably one of the best I have done so far and I feel I am getting better with the speccies but for some reason I find some colours work better for me than others.... I don't know why, maybe I am just more intune with certain colours. Anyway the Humphrey decoupage arrived yesterday so I have lots more to play with.

Until next time


Take care

Cj x

1 comment:

  1. wow, definitely a vibrant card. Green is my favourite colour and I love those rosettes! I love my Craft Artist too - some of the stuff in the digikits is beautiul. I've not tried speccies but I am just learning how to colour with Promarkers and, like you with the speccies, I am finding some colours are easier to work with than others.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete